Sunday, November 22, 2020

Tattered Poinsettia

I made this tag as a home decoration piece for Christmas.


I started out with an Etcetera tag from Tim Holtz. I glued some wintery paper on it using collage medium. I put some crackle paste on the edges.


For the flowers I blended some purple and blue Distress ink on watercolor paper. Flicked some water on it to distress it. Then die cut the flowers using the Sizzix bigz die Tattered Poinsettia.


The leaves were made in the same way. Green and brown Distress ink on watercolor paper. After die cutting the leaves I took some of the leaves and embossed them clear embossing powder. It makes them look great.

I finished the tag with some Crackle Ribbon, colored with the same Distress colors as the flowers.

Tim Holtz products used:
Etcetera tag small
Ranger crackle paste
Ranger Distress ink
Sizzix dies: Tattered Poinsettia, Skeleton Leaves, Pine Branch, Deck the Halls Colorize, Opulent Vine (not Tim Holtz)
Idea-ology Crinkle Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment