Sunday, March 21, 2021

Treehouse(s)


This idea got stuck in my head after I made tiny houses as ornaments for in the Christmas tree. See my post here.


I made the tree from three different sizes tubes. They fit into each other so they go from wide to small.



I covered the tubes with aluminium foil and taped it together with masking tape. 


The branches were made with wire, also covered with foil and tape. I taped the branches to the tree with the masking tape.




I fixed the tree to a base made from two wooden boxes. These boxes are the packaging for wooden embellishments. I removed some of the dividing pieces, so I could hide the battery pack from the light string in it.  


Then I covered the tree with pieces of a white t-shirt, that I soaked in a textile hardener. When this was dry I painted the tree brown. I did not like the texture from the t-shirt, so I covered the tree with a sand paste. 



Then I painted it brown again and used moss effect paste to make it even more look like a tree.


The houses were made with the Tim Holtz die Paper Village. I used white cardstock and corrugated paper. For the doors and window frames I cut out the inside pieces and fussy cut around it.


To fasten the houses to the branches I made platforms from wooden sticks. I glued the sticks together and colored them with Distress Spray Gathered Twigs.


After it dried I glued the platforms to the branches using Distress Collage Medium.


I made stairs from a small piece of cardstock, I folded it and colored it with Distress Ink Gathered Twigs. I glued the pieces of stairs to the platforms and the tree with Collage Medium.


I put a light string under the stairs and through a hole in the platforms so the tree could light up. I glued the lights to the tree with a hot glue gun.


Then I glued the houses to platforms.






The leaves were made with watercolor paper and colored with my favorite Green Distress ink: Rustic Wilderness. 
To give the tree a bit of color I made tiny flowers using the Sizzix/Tim Holtz die Funky Floral #2. I glued them to the leaves.


I made mini rectangle flowerpots, put some moss in it and glued some tiny flowers in the moss.



Then I made some toadstools from clay, and painted them with distress paint and acrylic paint.



To finish the project I glued some moss around the bottom of the tree.


Products used:
Watercolor paper, kraft paper, corrugated paper
Ranger Distress Ink: Rustic Wilderness, Aged Mahogany, Walnut Stain, Scattered Straw, Abandoned Coral
Ranger Distress Spray Stain: Gathered Twigs
Ranger: Distress Collage Medium Crazing
Sizzix dies Bigz: Garden Greens
Sizzix dies thinlits: Garden Greens, Funky Floral #2, Paper Village
DecoArt media Texture Sand Paste
Cadence Moss Effect Paste dark green and light green
Acrylic paint
Cardboard tubes
Aluminium foil
Masking tape
Cloth (old t-shirt)
Textile hardener
Wire
Wooden sticks
Light string


No comments:

Post a Comment