Saturday, December 19, 2020

Christmas ornaments Paper Village


After seeing all the inspiration from other makers and Tim Holtz facebook live, I decided to make some ornaments with the Paper Village dies.

These cute tiny houses fit beautifully in the Christmastree.

My color scheme for this year was brown (craftpaper) with Distress Glitter dust and Distress Speckled Egg with Distress Glitter Clear Rock Candy.



House nr 1 and 2 were made with kraftpaper and corrugated kraftpaper. Tim Holtz explanes the way to make these houses in his Facebook live Holiday 2020: part 1.
I decorated the houses with some Distress grit paste as snow on the roof, woodland trees, some Holiday greens and mini styrofoam balls. I painted the balls red to make them look like berries.



House nr 3 and 4 were made with kraftpaper. I put Distress Glitter Dust on the roof and decorated the houses with some Holiday Greens and styrofoam balls (also painted red). I also used the styrofoam balls to make a pile of snowballs and a snowman.



For house nr 5 and 6 I used white cardstock coloredwith Distress Ink Speckled Egg. On the roofs I put some Distress Glitter Clear Rock Candy. These houses are also decorated with Holiday greens an styrofoam balls.


I put the houses on a piece of greyboard covered with grit paste to make the ground look like it’s covered in snow. I cut a little hole in the greyboard to put in a light from the Christmastree. I glued a little clothespin under the greyboard so I could fasten it to the tree.

Products used:
Sizzix dies: Paper Village, Holiday Greens Mini, Trinket Frames
Ranger Distress Ink: Speckled Egg, Gathered Twigs, Pine Needles, Rustic Wilderness, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
Idea-ology: Woodland Tree Lot Small, Woodland Tree Lot Mini
Ranger Distress Grit Paste
Ranger Distress Texture Paste Matt
Ranger Distress Glitter Dust and Distress Glitter Clear rock candy
White cardstock, kraftpaper, corrugated paper
Mini styrofoam balls


2 comments:

  1. Where do you get greyboard for the bases?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the grey board in the hobby store. It comes in sheets so I cut out the bases with the Sizzix die Trinket frames.

      Delete