Sunday, February 27, 2022

Cozy cottage


For this cottage I used three different dies from the (paper) village series from Tim Holtz.


The middle part I made with the bigz die Village dwelling. This is a die from the old village series.


The side parts I made with the new dies from the Village collection. I cut out house 1 and cut it in two pieces. Then I glued each piece on a side of the bigger house. 


On the front is the entryway. I made this part with a house from the paper village dies. These are smaller, so they make a lovely entryway. 




I colored the house with acrylic paints with the dry brushing technique.



For the plateau I used grey board to make a box. I used the 3d embossing folder cobblestone to cover the sides and make a path to the house.





Finished the garden with some scenery embellishments, like the trees and flowers.
And added some lights for thar cozy glow.




Products used:
Sizzix dies: Bigz Village Dwelling, Bigz Village Brownstone, Village Collection, Village Fixer Upper, Paper Village #1
Sizzix 3d embossing folders: Cobblestone, mini cobblestone, mini brickwork
Stampers Anonymous: stencil THMST028 mini stencil set 28
Paper: Ranger Distress Kraft Heavystock, greyboard
Deco Art Americana Acrylic paints 
Scenery embellishments 


4 comments:

  1. Jo, This is absolutely delightful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative and beautifully executed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo this is absolutely beautiful and such an inspiration! What did you use for the texture on the walls of the house? Do you have an Instagram page or any other pages? Would love to follow your creative makes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy, the texture on the walls is Distress Grit paste. My instagram page is jolandavdl5, see also the link on the right side of the page

      Delete