Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Steampunk Easter(egg)

 
In a youtube-live Tim Holtz showed us how to make a steampunk heart
For Valentine.  Check it out right here. I also put Tiny Lights behind the egg.


I made the egg the same way Tim made the heart. It’s a styropor egg covered with foil tape.


The gears are made from chipboard. I cut them all twice to make them a little thicker. I painted them with Distress Paint Brushed Pewter, but did not like the way they looked. So I covered them with Stampendous Fran-tage aged silver embossing enamel. This gave them a more aged look.





I did not have the Vignette frames, so I made my own. I used the Sizzix die Decor frames and some chipboard. I tried it with some copy paper first because the frames from this die are a lot smaller then the vignette box.


I cut out four and cut them up into two pieces. I could make a frame with the four bigger pieces that fit exactly on the vignette box. The four smaller pieces I put on top of the lager frame to give it some texture. 


To add even more texture I put crackle paste on it. After it dried I colored the frame with Distress Spray Stain Gathered Twigs.


The foot was also made with gears cut out of chipboard.


The flowers, feather and egg were left over from the Spring Birthday Card (previous post).


I also added a little bit of moss as the finishing touch.


Products used:
Ranger Watercolor paper
Ranger Distress Ink: Speckled Egg, Gathered Twigs, Forest Moss, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey
Ranger Distress Crayon: Gathered Twigs
Ranger Distress Spray Stain: Gathered Twigs
Ranger Alcohol Ink: Mushroom
Ranger Alcohol Ink Foil Tape
Ranger: Distress Crackle paste, Distress Collage Medium
Sizzix dies: Gadget Gears #2, Mechanical, Industrial, Steampunk Parts, Funky Nature, Decor Frames
Sizzix 3D Texture Fades: Foundry
Idea-ology: Vignette boxes, Paperstash Wallflower, Tiny Lights, Game Spinners, Quote Chips Theories
Styropor egg
Chipboard 

1 comment: