Friday, March 5, 2021

CHEERS!


I wanted to make a cheerful birthday card with a summer vibe, so 
I choose the sizzix Tim Holtz die Happy Hour. A fun die with cocktails.


The glasses were made with vellum. The content of the glasses were made with mixed media paper and different colors of Distress ink. I glued the content down on the vellum glasses and covered it with Embossing ink and clear embossing powder to make it look more like glass. I did this several times to get a thick layer on top.



The fruit slices and umbrellas were also made with mixed media paper. I covered the back with double sided tape, to make it easier to stick the tiny parts down. The ice cubes are also made with vellum.



Then I made a bright blue background with some watercolor paper.
I used the Sizzix die Alphanumeric Bold to make the sentiment.


I cut it out and colored the letters blue and put them back in the negative.


Products used:
Ranger Watercolor paper
Ranger Distress Ink: Pine Needles, Cracked Pistachio, Squeezed Lemonade, Scattered Straw, Crackling Campfire, Twisted Citron, Kitsch Flamingo, Aged Mahogany, Dusty Concord, Rustic Wilderness, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Broken China, Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans
Sizzix dies: Alphanumeric Bold, Happy Hour


No comments:

Post a Comment