Sunday, September 27, 2020

The Witch Mansion



I made the base with the scoreboard XL die ‘journal’ from Eileen Hull. I uses an extra piece of chipboard to glue the two pieces together. I covered the chipboard with some paper from my stash and grunged it up a bit. 



Then I took the Etcetera Trim from Tim Holtz and glued them to the bottom of the ‘journal’ so it could stand up.



The base was now finished.


For the outside I used the Haunted die from Tim Holtz. I took some watercolor paper and colored it with  Scattered Straw for the moon and the light glow inside the house.The mansion was made with Black out cardstock. I sanded the cardstock before I cut out the little pieces. For the gate I used watercolor paper and colored it with Black Soot. 

I also added some vines. These were colored with Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Gathered Twigs and Walnut Stain.


On the back I put some ghosts and spiderwebs. I used two different brands of mixed media paper. I used the same technique to color the paper (blending with a blending tool and spraying with water), the same color (Pumice Stone), but got different results. 


I used the one on the left for the spiderwebs, and added some Hickory Smoke. The one on the right, I used for the ghosts.

And then the inside.


For the window, the shelves and fireplace I used Woodgrain paper. I colored the paper with Gathered Twigs, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain (crayon) and black soot (crayon)
before die cutting. 


I die cut the fireplace several times out of black cardstock. I glued them all together to give it more depth. The stones are from watercolor paper, colored with Black Soot. For the fire I used Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber and Wild Honey, and for the background in the fireplace Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge and Black Soot.


The moon in the window is made with Scattered Straw and Fossilized Amber, the sky with Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot, the bats, raven, spiders, keys and hat are colored with Black Soot.


For the cauldron I used mixed media paper, colored with Black Soot. I used some grit paste through a stencil to make the stains. I colored the grit paste with Rusty Hinge Oxide. The foam on the cauldron is from the same paper colored with Hickory Smoke and Twisted Citron.



All the other things are made with mixed media paper. And colored with Distress ink.
Skulls and bones: Pumice Stone
Broom: Gathered Twigs, Scattered Straw, Walnut Stain
Book: Gathered Twigs, Antique Linen
Candles: Black Soot, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Scattered Straw
Hat: Black Soot, Twisted Citron
Bottles: Antique Linen, Speckled Egg, Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint, Rusty Hinge, Walnut  Stain


For the cork on the bottles I used cork sheet. For the text on the Labels I used the text stamp from Entomology.

Products used:
Sizzix:
Scoreboards XL Journal (Eileen Hull)
Gate keeper
Haunted
Frightful things
Spider web
Garden greens
Laboratory
Happy hour
Regions beyond
Fireside
Window frame
Cauldron

Etcetera trims Scallop
Distress woodgrain paper
Distress watercolor paper
Mixed media paper
Black out kraft stock
Ranger distress grit paste
Stampers Anonymous stamp Entomology CMS328
Stampers Anonymous stencil set mini 3

Ranger Distress Ink:
Gathered Twigs
Frayed Burlap
Black Soot
Scattered Straw
Fossilized Amber
Wild Honey
Rusty Hinge
Chipped Sapphire
Hickory Smoke
Twisted Citron
Walnut Stain
Peeled Paint
Forest Moss
Pumice Stone
Vintage Photo
Antique Linen
Speckled Egg
Faded Jeans

Ranger Distress Oxide:
Wild Honey
Rusty Hinge

Ranger Distress Crayons:
Walnut stain
Black Soot 


3 comments:

  1. OMG! JO the level of detail on this is just amazing. I looked at all your pictures and the beautiful way you have combined all your die cuts is just fantastic! You could put a some Halloween lights in it and it could be a wonderful home décor piece! I hope that you make a Christmas one! Love it girlie! Boo to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just utterly brilliant...and magical...and charming...LOVE this to bits!
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete